Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Writing Wednesday III

Another week has passed and I have been busy.

I took two more trips to the Post Office and four more submissions are in the mail.
I have also received word that my poem titled, Recipe for Warm Memories, will  be in the winter edition of Holler.

We had a meeting of our writing group, The Appalachian Wordsmiths, last night at the Ravenswood Library. It was so good to meet again. There were six of us in attendance and,  hopefully, next month there will be more attending.

I've been working on my March column for Two-Lane Livin'. It should be ready in a few days. In honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday in March, I've written a silly poem for the kids titled "Toes!" It will be in the March edition.  March 21 is also Children's Poetry Day, so I challenged the kids to write a silly rhyming poem, too.

What have you been working on lately? Do you belong to a writing group?

Happy Writing!

7 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration, Janet! Four submissions in the mail--I'm impressed. Congratulations on the forthcoming publication of your poem, "Recipe for Warm Memories" in Holler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy,Janet! Congrats on your poem being published! I'd love to read your 'Toes', poem, too!

    I've got my contest submission off and have a few more works in progress that I'm working on everyday.

    Happy Writing to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are really getting stuff submitted-that is great : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy girl you've been. I'd love to read your "toes" poem too. Love your new profile photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Revising. More revising. Revising some more.

    Congrats on your poem!

    I have a couple different writing groups and various crit partners, all of which are invaluable in getting my stories in tip-top shape. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! You will get to read my silly "Toes" poem when I post my article on my blog the first of March.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I can't wait to read your poems!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.