Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mason Jar Snow Globes


First, a little update.

My Christmas tree is up! It is filled  with vintage, handmade and special ornaments given to me.


I love this vintage one. If you hang it in front of a light, the heat from the light makes the little fins spin around and around. It is so neat!


We've had lots of snow already this season . . .


 and I have been crafting - just a little.

I gathered supplies, such as mason jars, glue gun, fake snow, fake trees and ...


 real pine cones to be used as trees.


I put a little fake snow into the mason jar. I placed the trees on little wooden spools so they stood up higher and glued them onto the flat jar lid. I then twisted on the outer ring and we have a waterless snow globe. 



Below are three of my creations. In the smaller one on the right I used a pine cone and glitter for the snow.

The small jar on the left was filled almost to the top with distilled water, a smidgen of glycerin and a few dashes of glitter. I glued a plastic doo-dad (a small child holding a Christmas tree) to the lid and twisted the ring on tight.


The first thing I did before making it was put water in the small jelly jar and turn it upside down to make sure it wasn't going to leak.

These are very easy to make.

Have you been getting ready for Christmas?

Posted by  Janet F. Smart on Writing in the Blackberry Patch.


16 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! May have to try making a few of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're almost ready! Still some things to do, but for a change I'm ahead of the curve this year. I like the little snow globes. Nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Granny Sue. Good to hear from you. We're getting close to being ready.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Gorges. Hope you and your family have a nice Christmas.

      Delete
    2. I hope you and yours have a nice Christmas as well, Janet. Bless you!

      Delete
  4. Janet, thank you for the great craft ideas. These are darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. Thanks, they were fun and easy to make.

      Delete
  5. Janet,
    Your tree looks so nice. And aren't you clever with the jars? How cute. Such a nice time of year, and it looks like a White Christmas too.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! I hope the wintery weather we are having now is with us at Christmas.

      Delete
  6. Love love the snow globes-we have been thinking and doing the same things : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tipper! Glad to see you over here. Hope you give the snow globes a try.

      Delete
    2. Hi Tipper! Glad to see you over here. Hope you give the snow globes a try.

      Delete
    3. Hi Tipper! Glad to see you over here. Hope you give the snow globes a try.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.