Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Frogs

I have a friend who loves frogs. She has frogs all over her house. But I don't think she has a Christmas frog, so I decided to make her one. I came up with the idea for the Christmas frog, but I got the template for it here.

I made the template bigger. I did it small first, 
but found it very hard to turn and get the frog's legs pushed out and filled. 
Making it larger made it much easier to do.
I like easy!


I used a Christmas pattern material for the top of the frog 
and used green felt for the bottom.


Pin right sides together and sew around the edges, leaving it open between the hind legs. 
Be sure and stitch backwards to reinforce the starting and ending stitches. Turn. 
I used a writing pen and pushed out the form of the frog.


I stuffed mine with fiberfill, you could make it into a beanie frog by filling with rice or plastic beanie pellets. Hand stitch together the opening.

I cut out small circles from the green felt and glued them onto the frogs face. 
I then glued google eyes in the middle of the felt circles.
You could do your eyes differently, if you wish.


I wanted mine to be a girl Christmas frog, so I tied a small bow with thin red ribbon and glued and stitched it on her head. I think she turned out cute.


You can use your imagination and make yours a little different. I did mine different than the other website did theirs. That is what I like about crafting, every item is unique. 

If you make these for a small child, I would leave out the eyes and ribbon. They would be cute plain. Experiment and use different patterns of material. If you like frogs give it a try, it was quick and easy.



18 comments:

  1. What a cute idea, Janet~he is adorable! Your friend is going to love her:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas Frog! I totally love it Janet; I just got inspired to make one for myself. It's just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I like that you took Christmas fabric to do it and it is a Christmas frog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet! I have stopped by for awhile. Hope all is well with you. The frog is so cute.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a merry froggie going on over here! So cute, thanks for the Thursday smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute frogs. These would look sweet in a frog themed tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way cute!!! AND, what a clever girl you are to dream that up specially for your frog loving friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet is this little Christmas Frog. Here I'd thought I'd done gone and seen it all!!! Heeehehehe!

    You indeed are a very good friend!

    God bless ya and have a stupendous weekend sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet,
    I just love your Christmas frog. it's so pretty and festive. You are such a talented person. This would make a perfect Christmas gift for a child. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. adorable!!! I love the little frog. Hope your holiday season is going great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great craft, Janet. Thanks for the step by steo instructions! Merry Christmas to you! Rib-bit rib-bit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He turned out so cute-I know she'll love him : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so cute! What a neat idea. Thank you for sharing your Christmas frog. My niece likes frogs, so I may have to make her one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey girl, I was just checkin' in to see how you were doin' and to say 'howdy'!

    God bless ya and have a terrific day my friend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janet, that is the cutest frog ever. I love her. The eyes make her--give her personality. She is gonna love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Janet -- I stopped over at your other past blog to see what it was about. I realize you are not using it anymore but leaving posts, etc, on to check out. I was blown away by the header photo of the covered bridge. A beautiful shot! -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute!
    My Mother-in-law would love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.