Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fall Sunburst Wreath

I found a straw wreath and twisted paper in my very cluttered, messy, can't hardly walk through craft room and decided to make something with them. I had purchased straw wreaths at Wal Mart a year or so ago when they had them on clearance. I had a bunch of the twisted paper that I had got at yard sales. I'm not that crazy about twisted paper, but I think this project turned out pretty good. It kinda grows on you.


Here's the straw wreath. . . (I took the plastic covering off of it)




the orange and yellow twisted paper. . .


I cut the twisted paper into 18" lengths and gently twisted and pulled them apart. . .



I folded them in half and cut the ends into points . . .


Then I wrapped the length of wrinkled paper around the straw wreath so that the points were on the outside of the wreath. I hot glued the wrinkled paper onto the straw wreath. I only glued it on the outside of the wreath where the papers met. Hold it down for just a little bit until it cools. Go all the way around, alternating the yellows and oranges. To hang it up I used one of the strips that I untwisted. I folded it in half lengthwise and tied it in a knot for a hanger.

By looking at the finished project below you can kind of tell how it was put together. I ended up with two yellows side by side and I put the orange hanger between them.

I hung it on my front door. . .


The more I look at it, the more I like it. It kind of grows on you.

5 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty wreath and different. It will brighten up the day of anyone who comes to your door. You are so crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute.
    Simple.
    But cute.
    I know, simply cute.
    Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet,
    Cute wreath, Wanted to thank you for the nice site to get a back ground for my blog. I had my Grand Daughter put it on for me, and I must say it looks pretty good. So Thank you.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! And it was so easy to make too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.