Monday, September 15, 2008

Have a cookie! It'll make you feel better.

Most everyone in our house is suffering from the first cold of the season. I've got the worst of it for some reason. I guess since I never had a cold last winter, fate decided I needed a whopper of one this year to make up for it. I lost my appetite (yippee!), but I had a craving for chocolate. I always crave chocolate.

I made a batch of what I call the unofficial cookie of Jackson County. It's the official cookie at our house! Everyone loves them. Whether it's a picnic, church dinner, bake sale or just a craving, you gotta have these.



No Bake Oatmeal Cookies


Delicious!

If you haven't already, give them a try. I would invite you over for one, but the platter is now empty.

Here is the recipe I've used since I was a teenager.



It's a little hard to read, so I'll type it out for you.

Put into pan -

2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup of milk
4 Tbls. cocoa

Stir together over medium heat and boil for 2 minutes.

Take off heat and add-

3 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups oats
(I usually leave out the pinch of salt)

Stir together and drop by spoonfuls on wax paper. It makes about 3 dozen cookies, depending on how big you make them.

Cool (if you can wait that long), pour you a glass of cold milk and enjoy. It'll make you feel better.

What's your favorite cookie?



3 comments:

  1. I make blue jean quilts too!

    Would you believe I have seen this no bake cookie a dozen times or more and have never made them. Maybe it's time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the exact recipe my mama uses, and these are probably my favorite cookie. Mama calls them cowpie cookies.

    Now I gotta go make me some of them. Love your blog. Keep up the great work.

    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite recipes, too. My kids always liked them when they were small, and still do. I always make them when we need something sweet in a hurry. But, they don't last long at my house, either. I have a very big sweet tooth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.