Sunday, January 10, 2021

Recipe - Deer Stew

 We had deer stew today for Sunday dinner. It is a new favorite of ours.

The last time my son got a deer we canned it. Or, I should say, he went next door to our cousin's house and they canned it. 



I chopped up a bunch of carrots, potatoes, celery and an onion.


I cooked it in a can of beef stock and 2 cups of water for approximately 15 minutes.

I added the canned deer meat and cooked it just a few minutes longer. Then I added a small amount of the liquid from the pot to 2-3 Tablespoons of cornstarch and stirred well.



I stirred it into the pot and cooked it for a few minutes to thicken it a little.


It's very good and easy! The deer meat is very tender and already cooked, so it's a quick meal to cook.

How do you like to fix your deer meat?


3 comments:

  1. My granddaughter would like this. I am passing it on. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. Happy New Year to you, too. I think your granddaughter would like it. It is very good.

      Delete
  2. I have never tried to cook deer meat. It sounds really good. So glad it turned out real well and you all enjoyed the meal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.