Friday, November 6, 2009

Food Friday

CRESCENT CREAM CHEESE SENSATION

Ingredients:

2 pkgs of cream cheese
2 pkgs crescent rolls
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup cinnamon/sugar mixture

Beat 2 pkgs of cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and 1 egg with mixer.


Spray cake pan with cooking spray, lay out one pkg of crescent rolls on bottom of pan.


Spread cream cheese mixture on top . . .


and then lay out the other pkg of crescent rolls on top of the cream cheese mixture. . .


then shake cinnamon/sugar mixture on top. . .


Bake in oven according to the instructions on the crescent roll pkg. (I usually cook it a few minutes more than it says to)



It is very good. I have my niece, Tania, to thank for this recipe.
Try it, you're like it!

6 comments:

  1. I have just got to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm, cinnamon and sugar. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet,
    Thank you for stopping by my site and giving me Heart ideas. I just couldn't leave that big bag of hand made hearts at the thrift when they were less then two dollars, now could I?
    How nice that you can write. I can read! I love Children's books. I pick them up at the thrift store.Do you do the drawings in the books you would like to publish?
    That cream cheese thing looks yummy.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We make something like this from scratch, so you don't use the crescent rolls. It looks much the same though. The cream cheese goes into making the crust, then roll it out and cut it like you did, then sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar and pecans, then roll it up from big end to the little end and bake. They are Shirley's favorites. I'll give you the recipe if you want it. They're easy to make.

    M-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good and easy for when you need something fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect for a weekend late breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.