Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh No, Another Cookie Jar

I bought a cookie jar a few days ago at Goodwill. Everybody needs a cookie jar. . . right?

But,  I already have this pretty Nestle Toll House Cookie Jar. It is sitting up on top of my cabinet behind the little Snoopy pull dog toy.




And, I bought this one at my neighbor's yard sale last year.




And, I love this cookie jar. I only paid 10cents for this teddy bear one and it is 'stuffed' all the time with yummy cookies.




 

I love this vintage apple cookie jar with all the crazing on the bottom of it. It goes perfect with my yellow and red kitchen.




These five sit on top of my Hoosier cabinet behind the vintage creamers and salt shakers.




Did I need another cookie jar? Of course!

I couldn't pass up this doughboy cookie jar. Isn't he adorable. He isn't McCoy,  though. It says 'JAPAN' on the bottom of it. I guess it was their version of our Pillsbury Dough Boy. I noticed a few on the internet that look just like him, but they say McCoy on their bottom. The red paint is 'cold paint', which means it was applied to the jar after it was glazed and fired. This means it will come off easily when cleaned, so you have to be careful. I think it is old, but not sure.

Are there any cookie jar lovers out there that know anything about this one?


Need a cookie jar, anyone?

10 comments:

  1. Janet,
    You cannot have toooo many cookie jars. I passed one up at Goodwill not long ago. I'm out of stace inside cabinets but I do have some space above my kit cabs I hadn't thought of. I have roosters etc up there but a cookie jar or two would go.
    I have an old cookie jar in the shape of a bell. It's got the crazing and a jingle bell wired in the lid that rings when you lift the lid. School house bell.
    We bought it because my sister in law had one from when her children were young and they saved $1.98 to buy it for her from the country store.
    Have a great day and thanks for sharing your finds.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookie jars are wonderful and always begging to be kept full! I only have one because I have no where else to keep more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so cute! They really are hard to resist, aren't they! A great find--and the Teddy bear was really a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I recently bought one, and hubby said "you really NEED another cookie jar?". "Yes, as a matter of fact, I do." Now I just need a Hoosier to put them on:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo... are all those cookie jars filled with cookies?!! LOL!!!
    Sweet collection.
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks for coming over to my little part of blogland! I love your cookie jars. I only have one, but it was my grandmothers and I LOVE it!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    Cathy @ Country Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like cookie jars, but I have no where to put them, so I just admire and walk away. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I like them all-especially the old ones : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cookie jars are just so much fun. I love the apple and the one with the flower--both older looking and vintage. They are all great though-so keep them and keep adding :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.