Thursday, November 12, 2009

Food Friday

I have another Food Friday recipe. I baked a couple of those free pumpkins I picked up at Kroger's and made puree out of them. I was able to put 7 pkgs in the freezer for future use!

Out of one cup of the puree I made muffins.

Pumpkin Muffins

1 cup self rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
4 T butter, cut into pieces
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts

topping:

cinnamon/sugar mixture

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12 muffin tins.

Mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Cut in butter with pastry blender. In separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, milk, egg and vanilla. Pour pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Add nuts. Fold gently until mixture is just combined.

Pour filling into greased muffin pan 1/2 full. Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon/sugar mixture.

Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove.

If you want you can top with a cream cheese icing. Make your own or buy a tub of it at the store.


mmm! mmm! They were good!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Jan, I'm sure they were good. Next time you come by with "one" muffin for me to give to Daddy, may you could find it in yourself to bring "one more" muffin for me to try. Just kidding. I know you have three big boys to take care of your muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that sounds good warm with melted butter and a hot cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect for this time of the year-yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, YAY! Another pumpkin recipe! I can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.