Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Peanut Butter Pie



I love peanut butter . . . and I love peanut butter pie.

But most recipes are a little complicated and fattening.

This one is very good - and easy to make!

I also think it is less fattening than some of the other recipes I've seen.







Ingredients:

one 8oz carton Cool Whip (thawed)- minus 1 cup
1 graham  cracker crust
1/2 cup jelly of your choice
1 cup cold milk (I use skim milk)
1 3oz package of instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup peanut butter

Spread jelly onto the bottom of the crust.
In a bowl, mix with a mixer the milk and pudding mix for one minute. 
Add peanut butter and mix well.
Fold in Cool Whip. Spread over jelly.

Cover and freeze for four hours or until firm. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.


If you like peanut butter, you will love this pie. It is very good. I sprinkled chocolate chips on top of my slice or you could squirt Hershey's chocolate syrup on top if you want - or you could put a spoonful of the leftover Cool Whip on your slice.

(Personally, I like chocolate with my peanut butter)

I hope you like it. It got a thumbs up from everyone at my house tonight!








3 comments:

  1. I love it to and this looks so delicious.. Thanks for the recipe.. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, peanut butter pie. Love any sweet made with peanut butter. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.