Thursday, October 9, 2008

Birdhouse Ornaments

In my post about yard sale treasures I mentioned getting some wooden birdhouse napkin holders.

I had no intention of using them for what they were intended for. Here is a before picture.

You are probably wondering why I would mess with these pretty napkin holders. Well I don't use napkin holders. So I decided to paint them and make ornaments out of them.

Step 1: Paint. It took several coats


Step 2: Going from top left -screw small eyelet in roof for hanging, top right - adding moss for nest, bottom left - adding snow, and bottom right - adding ribbon and greenery.


Step 3: Finished product

I love to craft and I am going to try to do crafting posts at least once a week. Bookmark me and come back and check often if you like to craft.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness. Those little bird houses are so cute after you re-crafted them.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments.I'm placing a link to your blog on mine and I'll be looking forward to your crafty posts and will check back by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had your imagination! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go Girl! You can recycle anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Jan, you know I love those. You are always the lucky one to come across such great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with these. They would look great hanging on my Christmas tree, or yours, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.