Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Country Winter Scenes





Everyone has to eat in the winter, even the livestock. This farmer is making sure they get their morning meal.




My son has been busy trying out his new toy. The machine is a BCS walk behind tractor we bought this summer. Our old Troy Built, which gave us 30 years of good service, needed replacing. Andrew built the dozer blade attachment. We sent for one of the dozer blades, (they cost over $400), but each one we got delivered to us did not attach right. There was something wrong with every one of them, so we sent them back. Andrew said he could make one better, and he did. His design for attaching it works much better than the manufacturers. We told him he needs to ask the company if they are interested in his design, but he hasn't made a decision.




This is Sycamore Creek Road on Sunday morning.




I love this old  barn that sits along the road.




Looks like this feeder needs filled up again.




This little woodpecker is working hard at one of our suet feeders.




This little titmouse loves peanuts.




So do the blue jays! But one of our blue jays is a little greedy. He will get his first peanut way back in his throat, then put another one in his mouth before he flies off. I don't know how he keeps from choking.




This little bird reminds me of a chipmunk from the side view.  He looks like a sparrow, but his belly is golden. Maybe he is a red-breasted nuthatch. What do you think? (You can click on all my pictures and enlarge them)





Hope everyone is enjoying winter. I'm getting a little cabin fever myself. Our area is supposed to get more snow a few hours from now. How about you, are you snowed in?

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photographs. I could not pick a favourite! Thanks for sharing.

    Your talented son should get a patent on his invention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures, Janet. The snow-covered trees at the top is amazing. We are snowbound, too, and I am ready to go back to work.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's snowing here now as I write this.
    Beautiful pics!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos Janet. We won't see any snow here in florida but it's going down in the low 20's tonite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bit snowbound here in central KY. Snowed all day and then, just a couple of hours ago, the snow started coming down heavily. It is just crazy. No school today and now none tomorrow. I am sure cabing fever will set in in about another day. Love your bird pictures. I have been keeping my feeders full.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pictures, Janet, especially the barn. Your Andrew sounds a lot like our Aaron--he can fix or do anything he wants it seems. He really should talk to the company about his design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos Janet and I esp love the pic of your son with his toy. Boy does that remind me of my husband. He would rather be playing with his tractors than anything else in the world. What is it with men and these big toys?
    ESP love the barn photo as I love old barns.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Bless you! barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures! I LOVE the header picture!!
    Your son should get a patent on the snow blade.
    We were snowed in for a couple of days and we still have a few slick spots. But I'm hoping they will be gone soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.