Sunday, April 5, 2020

Easy Peanut Butter Easter Eggs



Easter is almost upon us and we never bought any homemade Easter Eggs. Churches in our area usually make thousands of them and distribute them to different businesses for sale. A few weeks ago they had to stop making them because of the corona-virus outbreak.

Peanut Butter, cherry nut and maple nut are our favorites.

I have a recipe in my cookbook, Cook with Family Recipes and Remembrances, for Buckeyes. I thought I would use the recipe to make peanut butter eggs.

I halved up the recipe, because I didn't want to have a lot of them here at the house. I knew I would not be able to resist them.

In case you want to make an entire batch, the original recipe calls for -

1 cup of peanut butter
1 stick of butter
1 pound of powdered sugar
melted chocolate

Mix butter and peanut butter, stir in powdered sugar. Roll into small balls,. Melt chocolate bark in microwave. Dip peanut butter balls into chocolate until almost covered. Place on wax paper until chocolate is set.

I used 1/2 cup of peanut butter, 1/2 stick of butter (room temperature), around 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and melted chocolate bark. This made three eggs about 1/4 pound each.

These are quick and easy!
 
peanut butter and butter

after stirring in powdered sugar


I put 1/3 of the mixture into these egg shaped pans I happened to have. 
I had made bunny rabbit cupcakes in them a long time ago. If you don't have a pan like this, shape them into an oval shape - flat on the bottom.

Here are the three after I took them out of the pan.

I melted the chocolate in the microwave and spooned it onto the eggs. 
Place in refrigerator until chocolate is hard. This doesn't take very long.
 If you want, you can wait until the top firms, turn them over and put melted chocolate on the bottom. 

 I melted some white bark and squirted it on the top of the egg for decoration.


These turned out really good. They are not real rich, which means you can eat a lot (tee hee)!

Unfortunately, I think Charley and I could eat one between us in one setting. We keep going back and cutting off another slice to eat.

What's your favorite flavor of Easter Eggs? 

Enjoy the eggs and I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during this outbreak. 


6 comments:

  1. Well that is certainly easy and will be fun to make. Thanks, Janet. It is the little things that make life tolerable these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious. I have never made anything like that before. But- I love chocolate and peanut butter, so this would be a good recipe to try. I can understand halving the recipe- I wouldn't be able to resist either. :)

    Stay safe!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess. Can you believe there's only a smidgen of the last egg left. I'm afraid to get on the scales. My husband said I should make three more.

      Delete
  3. I'd have to hide these from the farmer; he loves both peanut butter and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.