Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Writing Wednesday and a Yummy Recipe

We had a writer's meeting today at the library.
I came home,
worked on revising my children's story, 'The Snowman Village,'
and made snowballs!

They are so good! They are the perfect light snack to eat while you sip on coffee, tea or milk. 



The perfect cookie to make after writing about a snowman village.

SNOWBALLS

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla. Gradually add flour. Stir in nuts.
Shape dough into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes and then dust with confectioners' sugar. Makes 3 dozen.

Delicious eaten when warm. I just love these. I bet you can't eat just one.

I know my post wasn't too much about writing today, but that's okay.

I have been editing some of my stories this week and I just finished my column for the January issue of Two-Lane Livin' and I have came up with 28 ideas so far this month for picture books!


Happy Writing!

20 comments:

  1. Janet, I do think they would go well with mulled wine too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I don't think I've ever had those before. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've definitely had these treats before, though I've never made them. And sometimes, aren't we writing while doing other things like baking, when our writing thoughts are free to wander and explore ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love when those ideas just keep rolling in :)

    Those cookies look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had and loved these cookies before, but never had the recipe. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know about these cookies -- they have "melt in your mouth!!" goodness.

    You've certainly been a busy writer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look SO delicious, I *know* I couldn't eat just one;) My MIL used to make something similar but hers were then coated in colored coconut, never have been able to find a recipe but now I'm thinking she might have made these and just added the coconut on her own:O Thanks for sharing;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had been looking for this recipe in my moms cookbooks. I will use it for sure. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Egad woman! You had me on pecans. Merrily copying and pasting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet,
    Thanks for the snowballs recipe. I love these and will use your recipe for the holidays. They look so good. I would love to eat some right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Janet!

    I am so going to have to try those! I made your German Chocolate Icing again and it is soooo good! I made it for Thanksgiving. It was perfect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look and sound delicious. I've had something similar but with coconut. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. those look delicious! I must make some. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Sometimes food is more important than writing posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I make these too, Janet, but I call them Swedish wedding balls. My recipe came from my mother and she probably named it whatever she felt like calling it--she was creative like that!

    I was sorry to miss writer's group but I had forgotten about my promise to go to Wheeling that day. I'll see you next week :)

    Don't forget to visit my blog for the giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great going on the stories! I LOVE snowballs, too--the perfect treat for this time of year. Thanks for your comment about the roadrunner. :-) All my best--

    ReplyDelete
  16. They sound delicious! I think I may have to make some this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Janet, oh I love snowballs! They are my favorite cookie. Your recipe is exactly like the one I use, only we called them "Mexican Wedding Cookies". I have also heard them called "Russian Tea Cakes". Maybe the recipe is just universal! :) Have a lovely day ahead! Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those look delicious!
    I couldn't think of anything better to bake after writing about a Snowman Village.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've eaten them before-but never tried making them-maybe I should : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.