Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, June 15, 2014

I Called Him Daddy


I called him Daddy.
He called me Baby.


We weren't rich
But, he worked hard
and provided for all of us

The only guy in a house full of girls


He never wore suits
just work clothes, shoes or boots. 
Except for my wedding day - 
the day he gave me away.

                                                        
But, he didn't give me away -
not really.
Because he was always my daddy
and I was always his baby,
until the day he passed away.


Happy Father's Day, Daddy
I miss you so much
- today and always -





12 comments:

  1. janet, this is absolutely beautiful, and the photos enhance the words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a special tribute to your dad!! My husband has all girls too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlotte. Your husband was lucky, too o:)

      Delete
  3. I was my daddy's baby too, Janet. I know what a special relationship that is. This is a beautiful tribute to your dad. I really enjoyed reading it, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I got a little misty eyed writing it . . . and remembering.

      Delete
  4. What sweet memories. Adorable photos too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet -- I too got a little misty eyed reading your portrait of your father. I relate -- my father was always there for me -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day.