Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Natural Christmas Decorating with Dried Hydrangeas

My neighbor (who is also my cousin) was taking up his hydrangeas last year and wanted to know if I wanted it to plant in my yard.

"Yes!" I said. I have a snowball bush, which is similar, but I had always wanted a hydrangea.

It really too off this year and grew huge. The flowers are dried now and I went out to trim the bush.

I got an idea! Why not spray paint them red and stick them in my outside flower pots.

So that is what I did. The project turned out great. I think they are very pretty - and Christmassy.

They went from ugly . . . 



to beautiful!



What do you think?

If you have some dried-up hydrangeas, you might want to give it a try.

9 comments:

  1. I've seen some neat things done with dried flowers and natural items. My mom once used teasels a lot, back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gorges. I didnt know they were called teasels (I always called them thistles). But I used to make Christmas ornaments out of those sharp, prickly teasels.

      Delete
  2. What a great outdoor decorating idea! Wish I had some hydrangeas........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for commenting. Wish you had some, too. I love them.

      Delete
  3. How very pretty and festive! Love it! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to idea, good luck!!!

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.