Saturday, June 4, 2016

How Does Your Garden Grow?


We have had a weird spring and, therefore, got a late start to our garden.

But it is coming along nicely now.

 We planted our beans and the rain fell. A few days later the plants popped out of the ground.

These are our tomato plants. We planted three dozen plants. We already have tomatoes the size of large marbles.
 
We got a late start on our sweet potatoes. 
But they are coming along.
 
 Our peas are taking off!

 This is one of our five rows of red potatoes.
 
This is not my garden. 

These are my two rows of blackberries.
I am keeping my fingers crossed. They have not did well at all the last 2-3 years. I pruned them big time this spring and they have took off! But, this doesn't mean the vines will not die on me, like they have the past few years.


What do you have growing in your garden?


14 comments:

  1. Wow! Your garden sure is off to a good start now! There'll be lots of potatoes to pick up; one of my least likable jobs ~ lol. We have potatoes, beets, squash, tomatoes, KY wonder pole beans, sweet corn, and purple hull peas. I also put our a packet of flower seeds to put a little cheer into the garden and hopefully I can save seeds from them. Now, if we can all have a productive summer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Charlotte. Sounds like you have a great garden. I don't mind picking up the potatoes, but I don't like the potato bugs!

      Delete
  2. Wow!What a garden. We have a healthy top of tomatoes. Green peppers. Green onions. Hope you have an abundance if blackberries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Linda. Thank you. I hope my blackberries do good, too. I miss them. Enjoy your tomatoes, green peppers and onions.

      Delete
  3. Wow!What a garden. We have a healthy top of tomatoes. Green peppers. Green onions. Hope you have an abundance if blackberries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are off to a good start. May have a lot to pick at the end of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My garden is etsy bitsy this year. I have gone from a very large garden from years past to this little garden. But i just like the feeling of getting outside puttering a bit in the garden and sitting beside it and watching the natural critters. Sunflowers are my favorite plant and I do grow quite a few of these. Funny -- in Oregon where I live blackberries are considered nuisances. They take over many open fields and borders. I don't think of them as nuisances, I stand and pick the free berries for my home desserts. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe they think of blackberries as nuisances. I love sunflowers, too. I didn't plant any this year, though.

      Delete
  6. Your header of the baby birds is so SWEET! -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your garden. My tomato plants are looking good. Tiger lilies and day lilies are also blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.