Thursday, February 11, 2010

Great Backyard Bird Count


I didn't know it was supposed to snow today, but huge flakes are currently falling.


The 13th annual Great Backyard Bird Count is February 12-15.
You can go here for more information.

It doesn't take much of your time, as little as 15 minutes a day to observe birds.
They provide you with a tally sheet to keep track of the birds.
You can enter your totals on line and there's a photo contest also.


So put out some seeds and have fun counting your birds.


On another note, we went to Parkersburg yesterday morning and this was a scene along the way on I-77. Click on it and you can see the car that slid off the road.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Janet,
    I always wanted to be a part of a bird society, or like the link you put above. I noticed they stop their counting March 1st. Don't know if they'll do it again, but I saved the site.
    Love the roads of WVA. I don't like driving on Highways in the snow though. Guess you must have felt safe though.
    Love your bird pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some beautiful bird pics! Wow! What a drive that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good bird pictures-I love them all : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, Janet!
    You know you are a true West Virginian when a little snow doesn't stop your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.