Thursday, October 28, 2021

USING ITEMS FOR OTHER PURPOSES

 I'm always thinking of ways to use things for what they are not supposed to be used for.

I've been cleaning and organizing around the house. I found this desk organizer in the floor gathering dust. 

It's not gathering dust any more. It's the perfect addition to my kitchen table.

This is an old printers tray that I use to display my kid's hot wheels on.


I use this old sewing machine drawer to store my vintage buttons in.

This used to be an old floor model radio that that was converted into a bookcase that I bought at a yard sale for $3.


Of course, I believe this is supposed to hold wine bottles. I use it to place my rolling pins in.


I'm sure lots of you do the same as I do. 

What item do you use for something entirely different than what it was supposed to be used for?


3 comments:

  1. Great uses for these things! I have a floral arrangement in one of my mother's old machine cabinet drawers. Are your rolling pins a collection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are a collection. I have a couple more. One Mom gave me when I got married that was hers. It is very old, all wood and hand made. And I have a red-handled one that my Aunt gave me. She had it since she got married in the late 40s.

      Delete
    2. i love the rolling pin holder, great idea, Janet.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.