I love muffins.
I love baking muffins.
I love sharing muffins.
Before Covid 19 came into the picture, I volunteered at our senior center. My cousin and I, and sometimes Charley, conducted craft classes every Wednesday. We really enjoyed it and so did the seniors.
Almost every Wednesday, I would also bake something and bring it to the center. Usually it was muffins of some kind.
Today I baked Pumpkin Muffins.
Here is the recipe:
1 3/4 cups of self rising flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup of oil
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup of chopped nuts of your choice (I used hickory nuts)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 up granulated sugar
1/4 cup of light brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
Pumpkin muffins Directions:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners. This recipe makes 15 muffins, so prepare a second muffin pan in the same manner.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together until combined. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk the oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs and milk together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, add the chopped nuts and then fold everything together gently just until combined and no flour pockets remain.
- Spoon the batter into liners, filling them almost full.
- Make the crumb topping: Mix the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice together until combined. Stir in the melted butter until crumbs form. Spoon crumbs evenly on top of the batter and gently press them down into the batter.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for an additional 16-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin pan.
- For mini muffins, bake for 11-13 minutes at 350°F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Ingredients for muffinsfresh from the oven