Thursday, October 20, 2016

Small Town - Colorful Fall Decorations

Our small town of Ripley, WV gets into the fall and Halloween spirit this time of year when local organizations decorate the lamp posts.

Yesterday I took a few pictures along the streets of Ripley. I didn't get pics of all of them, but I took enough to get you into the spirit of the season, too.

This little fella sits on one of the side streets.




This scared ghost is near the steps of our courthouse.

I like this one. Looks like a witch had a bad day. In the background you can see one of the little libraries which are located throughout Jackson County.





Are you in the fall spirit now after walking around town with me?

I hope so.



8 comments:

  1. Thanks for photos. My fave time of year. Beautiful colors, mild weather. At least for today! Hope you are still writing. I just finished my second novel. Hope to get it out in a few months. Hugs. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barbara. Yes, I am still writing. I've been trying to put finishing touches on a couple of novellas. Good luck with your second novel!

      Delete
  2. It sure does look festival and fall-y downtown. Thanks for posting the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I think it's a neat idea that they do this every year.

      Delete
  3. Those decorations gave me a lift. I am thrilled with the seasonal changes, because it is cooling slowly...still around 70 degrees through this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun Halloween decor in Ripley. Travelling still in my Toyota truck -- will still be visiting parts of the west and Midwest for a few more months. Will check in with you ever so often. -- barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fall and seeing decorations always puts me in the spirit. Your town really decorates and loos so festive. I think I love the ghost the most- though they are all great. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your town did a fantastic job decorating for Halloween. I love all the decorations. You might want to visit my blog to see how they decorated my little mountain town for Christmas. You have a beautiful town.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.