Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday Thoughts




 A beautiful spring day and a beautiful sleeping baby.
At a little country church filled with lots of family history and lots of love.


This is a picture of my first son's first day at church back in April of 1980. 
 The church was founded by his ancestor, Rev. William Ballard Parsons. 

FIRSTS
by Janet F. Smart

Our minds are filled with memories.
Sometimes we don't recall the firsts . . .
but someone else does.
The camera captures the moments
for the minds that were too young
to know what was.



 
 Posted by Janet F. Smart on Writing in the Blackberry Patch.






11 comments:

  1. Awe, this is priceless and so true.. Thank goodness for the camera..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet picture! And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, and I see you were a child bride, too. Where have the years gone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but I wish I could go back and grab hold of them for a little while.

      Delete
  4. Oh my! You look like such a young mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, lil red hen. But, I'm not really that young in the picture. I'm one of those who always looked young... but lately my looks have caught up with my age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! What a sweet picture. I truly wish I could remember some firsts that I've forgotten. I love pictures and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet photo...sweet verse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like your poem. What a sweet looking young mother. Lucky we have cameras to record those precious days.-- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaww how sweet. Every mother's fulfillment comes from knowing her little angel is safe and fast asleep. This is one of the moments where motherhood is quite a rewarding job. Thanks -
    Sell Textbooks Online

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the poem-and the photo too : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.