Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer is a time for. . .







Summer is a time for yard sales, sizzling heat, storms and blackberries.

I just don't like to experience them all on the same day.

My neighbor and I picked the hottest day of the year to have a yard sale.

With temperatures soaring over 100 degrees, thank goodness for me and my yard sale visitors, I chose to put my stuff under the shade of our apple trees. I am glad to say I got rid of a few big items, such as our troy-bilt tiller, our son's truck tool box and my manual treadmill.

The evening after the yard sale we were visited by the worst storm of the year. Well, let's just say the worst wind storm we have had since building here in 1980.

We were lucky, we were left with electricity and our trees still in the ground, though missing a lot of limbs. Our yard and subdivision were littered with pieces of siding, uprooted trees, tree limbs, blown away bird houses and feeders and lots of stuff from who knows where.

My blackberry vines were damaged, but thank goodness, not destroyed.

 
  


I don't know about you, but I hope the rest of the summer is a little less uneventful!

Posted by Janet F. Smart on Writing in the Blackberry Patch.


7 comments:

  1. I have been wondering if you had damage or were without power. The summer is definitely eventful!!

    I'd like to sit in the shade of your apple trees with a bowlful of those pretty berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are ok and you didn't lose power..It is miserabl weather..Those storms looked really bad on the weather map...We had storms last night.. they lasted until around 6 this morning, hail and wind but not as bad as yours I'm sure..That's what I don't like about summer because of storm, but we needed the rain..Hope you have a nice week, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet, I wondered if you would kindly feature my ebook free promotion giveaway, two children's books on your blog? for the 6th to 9th and the 12th to the 13th July please? Don't worry if that is a problem. Kind regards, Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy. Your blackberries look yummy. We haven't had much rain here, so ours aren't looking very good.
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about you when I heard the news. We were on cruise, but the tropical temperature didn't comapre tot he 105 St. Louis has been experiencing. Glad you didn't have any damage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.