It inspired this post.
Here are my 10 Signs of Springs, in no particular order:
1. Yard Sales! We had yard sales listed in our local paper this past week, the first ones of the season. This is a sure sign of spring in our area!
2. Red cardinals flitting from branch to branch in the blooming forsythia bush. They were a beautiful sight to see, their feathers red against the yellow twigs.
3. Birds tidying up their living quarters, their beaks busy taking out the old and bringing in their new straw beds.
4. The smell of wild onions, as eager-beaver neighbors mow their grass for the first time.
5. Daffodils, crocus, dandelions, violets and red bud trees dressed up in their colorful spring outfits, the hillsides boasting with their spring colors.
6. Sitting out on the front porch and being entertained by peepers as they sing their songs.
7. Molly Moochers sprouting from the forest floor, their heads peeping from beneath the dead ground cover. Click here and here, if you are wondering what molly moochers are and read earlier posts I did about them.
8. Being able to take walks outside again, and hopefully, getting rid of a few pounds accumulated during the cold winter months.
9. Apple and pear blossoms unfolding on the trees, their aroma sweet in the drifting air.
10. Last, buy not least, my oldest son turning another year older. He bounced into this world on a blustery first day of Spring 31 years ago. If you want, go here and read a little about him.
These are a few of the things I am looking forward to, how about you?
Would you like to add a few signs of spring to my list?