Thursday, September 24, 2015

Fall Tomato Cage Tree

I thought I would do a post on a fall decoration I recently made.

Buy a tomato cage - or if you already have these, all the better. Turn it upside down and tie the ends together with twine. It has a tendency to lean, so you might have to straighten it a little.


Wrap it in a garland of fall leaves.

There are different ways to do this. You can swirl it around and around or go straight down the wires. The leaves are swirled in the first three pictures.



 I tried different toppers. Once, I topped it with a straw hat, once I topped it with a pretty fall bow and finally I topped it with a small corn pic.

 Experiment and try different toppers and different ways of wrapping the leaf garland.

On my deck

in my dining room!

My final version has the garland(s) going down and across the wires. I secured them with pieces of thin ribbon. You can use orange, yellow or beige ribbon. It blends right in with the leaves.

I got a basket and placed the pumpkins in it 
and placed it inside the tree. 



If you have a set of small lights, you could string them on the tree.

I love the way it turned out. If you haven't already made one, maybe you could give this easy craft a try.

I love fall!




7 comments:

  1. I also love fall! I once worked with a woman that made long draping garlands of hundreds of leaves that she threaded on string. She hung them up in our offices as if they were Christmas lights. Your idea is a great one -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love fall! I once worked with a woman that made long draping garlands of hundreds of leaves that she threaded on string. She hung them up in our offices as if they were Christmas lights. Your idea is a great one -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is lovely. You are so creative. I never can think of anything to make. So I just buy something. Not very original. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Beverly. Thank you. I love making things, I just don't always have the time.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! I just love it : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.