Monday, December 5, 2011

Kitchen Christmas Tree

 I picked up this little tree this year at either a yard sale or thrift store, I can't remember which. But I thought it was kind of neat looking and you couldn't beat the price. It is sitting on my little table in my retro kitchen that used to be our small laundry room. The tree usually sits in the middle of our big table in the kitchen. But it's currently being used for eating supper, so I placed it out here to take the picture.




You can go here to see how to make the gumdrop ornaments. According to my stat counter, it is one of my most visited pages. They are easy to make and so pretty! Give them a try.

You can go here to see how to make the cinnamon dough ornaments.

I think they are very fitting ornaments for a kitchen Christmas tree. Don't you?
I put a star cookie cutter on top.
Do you have a Christmas tree in your kitchen?

By the way, go over to Country Whispers for her Christmas Giveaway and Granny Sue is having a give a way too.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Janet,
    Your little tree is so cute, and you made the decorations! I have your book with the Santa Hat story, I sat it out with my other Christmas books. It is that time of year.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nancy! That book is filled with lots of good Christmas stories! I'm glad you put it out at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that it has Christmas themed ornaments, too cute :)

    I don't have a tree in the kitchen, but have our large tree in the living room, and a small tabletop tree just strung with white lights and gold beads in the family room. It's simple, and adds Christmas charm to that room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, I meant to say I like your KITCHEN themed ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a tree yet. Sometimes I decorate a small tree for my dolls with rickrack, buttons, and lace. I like the idea of kitchen ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your little kitchen tree Janet! Those gumdrop ornaments are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My wife got a little tree a bit smaller than that for our little dog just to see what she'd do. She LOVES it! Sometimes, she just lays there and looks at her little tree with its pretty lights for a half hour at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little Christmas tree! My Mother-n-law collect Christmas trees. We have a shapes and sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Janet,

    Love the kitchen tree .... so festive! I also love 'homey" handmade ornaments and this is perfectly "HOMEY!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet,
    Your Christmas tree is really lovely. I like the ornaments very much. It's such a festive tree and the homemade ornaments are wonderful. This reminds me of the old-time Christmas holidays we used to have in my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janet! I love, love, love the picture of the blue bird! Wow, it is just breathtaking. The colors and the details are so vivid. I hope you have a lovely and restful evening ahead! Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janet, I remember the post where you told about making the gumdrop ornaments and the cinnamon dough ornaments, and I thought then that they were darling ideas! I may do that this year with our grandson now that we are together during the holidays! Cute little tree! It looks so perfect there on that table! Thanks for your comment on my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.