Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Morning




The words may not be exact, but below are the lyrics to a favorite Easter song of mine. . .

Gone

Mary came into the tomb of Jesus.
The stone was moved and he had gone away.
The angel said,"Fear not, I know whom seek ye.
But, he is risen." This she heard him say.

He's Gone, the stone was rolled back,
Gone, the tomb is empty.
Gone, to sit at his father's side.
Gone, over death triumphant,
Gone, sin is defeated,
Gone, and he lives forever more.

My friend if you don't know this risen savior,
I beg of you don't wait too late to pray,
don't wait until the bride has been completed,
don't wait until you hear him say "It's too late."

He's Gone, the stone was rolled back,
Gone, the tomb is empty.
Gone, to sit at his father's side.
Gone, over death triumphant,
Gone, sin is defeated,
Gone, and he lives forever more.

Gone, over death triumphant,
Gone, sin is defeated
Gone, he lives for ever more.


Happy Easter

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Janet!

    Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had almost forgotten that song. I love it and had to sing it this morning with your words.

    I love the wreath on your door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet,
    That was a lovely post and I adore the wreath on the door. Thanks for sharing with us. Happy Easter to you and yours. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard that one before. Beautiful.
    Happy Easter, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that song too Janet, It is so true. We had two renewed and one saved this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's my favorite too, if you saw my Easter post you know this!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful lyrics!
    I love your wreath, I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the song-it takes me back to my childhood. Thank you for reminding me of it!

    Hope you had a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not heard that song for a while. It always brings tears to the eye. It gives us so much hope. I always think of Walker Chapel Church when I hear this. It is wonderful that you share your faith in the Lord. What a wonderful testimony.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.