Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Busy Summer, New Book and Autumn Begins

 Hi everyone. 

We've had a busy summer and I've been putting writing on my blogs on the back burner. But, I do go out and visit other blogs when I have the time.

First off, my husband had total knee replacement surgery on September 2. We knew it was going to be painful afterwards, but . . . 

It has been almost 4 weeks, and the pain and the swelling are still there.  Otherwise things are getting back to normal around the house. 

We haven't gone anywhere, except for a quick and short trip to our favorite state park, Pipestem.

  

view from our room

 

 out and about

As with every summer, it starts with a rainy season and then a long hot drought and now fall seems to have arrived.

I've been watching and taking pictures of the critters outside all summer - chipmunks, squirrels, rabbits, deer, birds (especially the charming hummingbirds).

 



 

Since I had written a picture book manuscript around 3 years ago about hummingbirds, I decided to add my pictures of the hummers to the words and create a picture book.

It is now on Amazon and I also have copies.





Hope all of you have had a nice, safe and healthy summer -- now let autumn begin!


5 comments:

  1. Tell your hubby that I hope he soon heals. Also, tell him that I'm in Fascistbook jail for 30 days for comments made clear back in January and November. He can check out my blog post on the subject if he's curious. Hope you two have a nice fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell him, Gorges. He's not been on Facebook too much lately.

      Delete
    2. My husband has been going through knee therapy, and it is no fun. He is putting off replacement. Congratulations on your newest book. Our hunmers have left. But we so enjoyed watching them. Thank you for your visit! It was nice to hear from you. YUM! Pimpkin muffins sound delicious.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Linda. Charley put off his operation for a long time, too. The recovery is very painful, but I think he is glad he did it. The pain will eventually go away, unlike the pain he had before the operation.

      Delete
  2. I know a lot of people recently who have had full knee replacements. Hopefully it is a good time to recover- since people are limiting their interactions with others and trying to spend more time at home. Hope your husband is feeling great now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.